I am not an English teacher, and have no intention on ever being one. I know that my writing skills are not the best. I really do proof read, but I am sorry if there are mistakes. This blog is for fun... like a journal for my kids. I just let all you in.... take it or leave it! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boo Boo Scare

This past weekend we had our first scare for Carson.  He got a really big Boo Boo and we actually took him to the ER.... here is the story!
He was sitting on the floor in front of the rocking chair and rocking it with his hands.  He went to push it back to rock it and took half his mouth with it!  Jamie knew right away that something wasn't right, and I thought he just knicked himself.... boy was I wrong!  His teeth stayed put in his mouth.... his gums went with the chair!  There was blood going everywhere and once it finally calmed down Jamie would lift his top lip and half his gums went with it!  Thank goodness that his teeth were in place and not loose at all!  I called the dentist and left a voicemail and we went to the ER.  Before we checked in I asked if someone could just look at it to tell us if we were in the right place (thinking we may just need to wait for the dentist) and good thing I did.  The nurse was very nice about it and looked at him and told us as long as he didn't knock himself out or have other symptoms that we should follow up with a dentist.  Yay!  We didn't have to wait FOREVER and pay a TON for a doctor to tell us that! 
The dentist didn't call back so I called Monday morning.  The accident was on Saturday afternoon and by Monday morning it was looking a lot better, Carson was not complaining about it, gums were in place (just shoved to the top of his mouth) but I was still worried about that little piece of skin that attaches your top lip to your gums.  I got him in first thing Tuesday morning to hear exactly what I thought I would hear..... Just looks nasty and we need time for it to heal.  Gums will go back down and fix themselves.  If he would of hit his teeth we would of had major problems, but he didn't!!!!

I have to post this song.... it is so Jamie and Carson to every last word!!!!  I love it!  Thanks Brad for this one!

No comments: