I am not an English teacher, and have no intention on ever being one. I know that my writing skills are not the best. I really do proof read, but I am sorry if there are mistakes. This blog is for fun... like a journal for my kids. I just let all you in.... take it or leave it! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

SURPRISE

I have to say that no matter where I travel to, where I live, I always can find some amazing friends!  This past weekend 2 of my "Best Virginia Friends" threw me a surprise baby shower!!! At my house!!!! With my Mom here!!!!  Jamie and I were sent off to church so that Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw could hang out with Carson for the morning.... little did I know that 20 minutes after we left the decorating started!  Everything was just beautiful when I walked in.  What a way to feel loved!  They had beautiful pictures of us around, roses, balloons, streamers, amazing food and my cake.... let me just tell you about my CAKE.... It was gorgeous!  They had candles and coasters sitting around for the guest to take with them, with a little poem on it that read, "I'm almost here, I'm on my way; I'm the reason you celebrated today.  You've planned and prepared for me to arrive, Love is the reason I'm alive!  So thank you from the bottom of my heart, For helping my mom and dad give me a great start.  Love, Aubrey Jolee Richmond"  It brought tears to my eyes!  I got wonderful gifts, including a bib that says, "Star of Mommy's Blog" Yep, can't wait for her to wear that one.... all the time!  Most importantly, I felt the love that morning.  It is hard being away from Kentucky sometimes, especially when a new chapter in your life is about to begin, but finding friends that love you just as much as everyone "back home" really can make up for it.  I know how hard my friends worked to make this perfect and it was!  Thank You with all my heart to Jen and Jess and everyone else who came to celebrate and for making my day GREAT!
I have to add in a few things Carson said to me at the shower.  First, he thought it was my Birthday :) and he was just so sweet to me the whole day.  He told me he gave me a gift.  I asked him if it was for Baby Aubrey, and he said "No, Mommy it is a special gift for you".... so while opening one, I found one of his cars inside.  I asked him why there was one of his favorite cars in my gift and he told me, "Mommy, that one is your favorite so I want you to have it."  (It is my favorite car that he has, and I have told him that before.)  It just made me realize that I have taught him well.... to give up one of his favorite toys to someone that he loves, his Mommy!  I can't wait for my little girl to be here and hold both my children!  I love being a Mommy!






No comments: