I am not an English teacher, and have no intention on ever being one. I know that my writing skills are not the best. I really do proof read, but I am sorry if there are mistakes. This blog is for fun... like a journal for my kids. I just let all you in.... take it or leave it! Thanks for reading!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Oh little Miss Aubrey!

My 38 week appointment was yesterday and it went nothing how I was planning!  I ended up with "slightly" high blood pressure.  GREAT, the start of where I ended up with Carson.  Now, when I say that all it means is I really didn't want to go down that path this time.  I wouldn't of changed a thing about how Carson came into this world, but the meds they had me on for high blood pressure with him were awful!!!!  I was stuck in a hospital bed for a good 48 hours (24 hours after I had him) and ended up so weak I couldn't even lift my arm to get my water off the table in the middle of the night.  I don't do good on medicine and I really don't want to be put on it this time! 
When I told the doctor this, she said that my blood pressure is not to the point where I would need the meds, and it isn't a reason to induce either!!!!  This is where I don't understand.  I am 38 weeks and I have a history of high blood pressure, why wait for it get high?  If I was induced now, I would just have a pitocin drip, if I wait, then I have a pitocin drip and a BP drip???  I know there is a chance that my BP won't get high, but what are the odds since I had it with Carson!  I totally understand if I didn't have a history, if this was my first baby or if she was preterm, BUT NEITHER IS THE CASE.  I am not trying to come up with an excuse either.... I really am trying to enjoy being pregnant these last few weeks.... it may be the last time I will ever be pregnant!  I want to go into labor, I want the excitement of "Babe, I think it is time or Babe, my water just broke" but I am just in it to keep me and my daughter safe.
So the plan is.... I had blood take yesterday and have been peeing in a jug since my appointment (a 24 hour urine test).  I take it back to the lab at 11:30 and go back to the doctors at 3:40 today to get my BP rechecked and to go over results.  If I have high BP then I will be sent to the hospital to be induced tonight.  If it is fine, then I wait and get rechecked Tuesday.  If it is still in that "slightly" category, I don't know what is going to happen.  I will need some good reasons why it is better to wait than not.  Because if I listen to my body and my past, I think the odds are against me when it comes to my BP going down! 
So here is hoping for the best.... and I am not sure which option that is!

PS I leave you with a funny picture... these are the instructions I was given for my Urine Test.... REALLY???  I don't think so!!! hahahaha!

No comments: